Ben Blake is the Sales & Marketing Manager at Systeem Medical Information Systems. They help medical practices find secure, reliable, and scalable Managed IT Services, Helpdesk, and EHR Support.
In today’s episode, Ben explains the importance of having an IT provider specializing in medical IT and the role IT solutions plays for your marketing and physician referral development. Ben also shares his experiences as a physician liaison and leaves us with actionable advice on how to improve your network and connection with other physician liaisons.
[00:01 – 08:39] Opening Segment
- I introduce the guest, Benjamin Blake
- Ben gives a bit of background about himself
- Sales and marketing manager for an IT company for Medical Practices
- Ben shares his journey into the healthcare industry
- How he got into healthcare marketing
- Became a physician liaison
- Pillars of marketing
- Online marketing
- Internal marketing
- External marketing
- Referral or shoe leather marketing
[08:40 – 20:32] Technology & IT Infrastructures
- How Ben’s experience as a physician liaison has guided his career in healthcare
- The technology side in medical practices are often being overlooked
- Ben talks about the history of Systeem Medical
- Shortcomings in healthcare’s IT space
- Systeem Medical’s role in the Healthcare Industry
- Underutilized parts of the Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
- Patient Portal
[20:33 – 27:58] Security Measures
- Medical Practices should focus on the following:
- IT Providers – must specialize in medical IT
- Phishing emails
- Publishing too much information online
- HIPAA SRA
[27:59 – 33:41] Improving Patient Experience
- Healthcare marketing combined with IT solutions
- Physician referrals
[33:42 – 40:51] Closing Segment
- Ben gives physician liaisons excellent advice on how they can better connect with other liaisons on the field.
- Don’t be afraid to say hello
- Show how you can provide value
- Every practice needs a HIPAA SRA done at least annually
- Here’s a free offer from Ben for your medical IT assessment! See below on how you can avail.
“As a physician liaison, the tactics and once you get it can be applied to really any specialty in any medical practice and any location at any size.” – Ben Blake
“Making actions based on data is crucial but can really lead to long-term success.” – Ben Blake
“With LinkedIn and social media and how easy it is to find people, you need to not be afraid to go out there and reach out to them and say hello and then provide value to them.” – Ben Blake
Ben Blake Bio:
Ben started his career as a Physician Liaison for a Podiatry practice in New Mexico. After a year of growing practice, he was promoted to Marketing Director and later became the Director of Operations for the management company that branched off of the group. He then decided to join an Allergy and ENT practice in New Mexico to develop their marketing and to build a referral foundation. In 2019, he relocated to the Dallas Texas area to help a new Pain Management and Neurology startup before joining Systeem Medical as the Sales and Marketing Manager.
To get the FREE medical IT assessment offer from Ben and Systeem Medical, visit their website https://systeem-medical.com/ or you can call Ben on his mobile 469 573 4810.
Read Or Download Full Transcript for Episode #130
Looking for a key quote? More of a reader?
Read or download a free PDF transcript of this episode- update this link
Subscribed Yet? Now you can
Subscribe to the Patient Convert Podcast and never miss a new episode!
Subscribe for emails or using your favorite podcast app via:
What We Do
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott