Justin Knott is joined by special guest the host from Marketing Over Coffee, John Wall. In this episode, they discuss marketing, tech, search, analytics, and strategies on how to build traffic to your website via local SEO.
Check out the show notes below and download the full transcript.
Invest In Your Own Content
As privacy begins to ramp up across Social Media it’s so important for people to invest in their own content and their own strategy to drive traffic to their website. The best thing about Digital Marketing in 2020 is that it is all about Geofencing, you don’t have to be the best in the country, it’s all about winning the patients from a distance that they are willing to drive from.
- Track what is going on on your website
- Keep track of how you are getting traffic to your website
What does Voice Search Look Like In The Medical Space For 2020
We don’t think that Voice Search is going to take over the medical space in 2020 because the trust factor is not there yet. People would rather sit in front of their computers and google medical issues or provider reviews online vs the voice search. When they do participate in voice search, it is going to give you the answer from the #1 search result, which is really where SEO comes into play.
From a voice search perspective, how can you win the first ranking spot?
Is it based on the Google My Business map spot or is it the first organic search listing?
We don’t know how the algorithm is being tweaked on their site so they’re going to be able to do whatever they want. Here are 3 ways we think it can go:
- If it follows the regular progression, your organic SEO is going to be the first thing that shows up as the #1 result.
- The individual players are unable to defeat the players who are aggregators. Things like Top 10 lists will essentially take the organic juice away from the individuals. People don’t want to look at the individual brand – they want to look at the 10 in the town and get some feedback.
- If you sign up with your credit card and are willing to pay per voice query, you may be able to be put on the top of the search pile.
What are your favorite research tools to leverage?
Tools to gain more visibility into what is driving, converting & working:
- Google Analytics – Make sure your channel is set up correctly just so you can see organic vs. social vs. ads, that kind of data gives great insights where you should be sending your time and money.
- Google Trends – Find topics and terms to map out & run machine learning so you can see what you should be doing & know what to plan for.
- AHrefs – Go in and run full analytics reports on competitors for their search terms, what they’re ranking for, and what is effective for them.
Recommendations for off-site backlinking and guest posts:
HARO (Help A Reporter Out)
Help A Report Out is a service for reporters looking for content and feedback on certain topics that sends you email alerts 3 times a day. It can become overwhelming but you can put it through text analysis and do data mining against it so it filters out the topics. Or you can save yourself some time to create a filter and have the email go to a certain folder that you can skim through once a week, so you can search for the topics you need and reach out to the reporters. You need to keep an eye on who the publisher is and make sure it is not a company publishing the information or someone that will not provide you any traffic to your site.
John Wall Bio
John is a partner at Trust Insights and an advisor at EventHero. He has held positions specializing in Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Automation and sales support systems at both venture funded and privately held businesses, working with clients such as Microsoft, Oracle, and Salesforce.com.
Marketing Over Coffee
Marketing Over Coffee is a marketing podcast, audio on demand that covers both classic and new marketing. Your hosts, John J. Wall and Christopher S. Penn, record the show every week and publish the show on Thursday mornings. You can download the shows and listen to them whenever you want – in your office, on your commute, where and whenever is convenient for you. Each show is about 20 minutes long and is filled with the kinds of marketing tips and tricks that you can only get from casual conversation outside of the office.
Read Or Download Full Transcript for Episode #115
Looking for a key quote? More of a reader?
Read or download a free PDF transcript of this episode
Subscribed Yet? Now you can
Subscribe to the Patient Convert Podcast and never miss a new episode!
Subscribe for emails or using your favorite podcast app via:
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott