How do you get started, and does Search Engine Optimization really matter? Join Justin in this episode as he walks us through how to navigate the waters of SEO and the importance of Local SEO for healthcare practices.
[00:01 – 08:49] What is SEO?
- I introduce the topic of today’s episode.
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
- Optimizing your website to perform better in search engines (i.e., Google)
- The process of doing Local SEO for our clients
- Honing in on improving their rankings from a 15 to 20-mile radius around their practice locations
- Google My Business
- Links (backlinks, citations, etc.)
- Paid SEO
[08:50 – 28:42] What Affects SEO?
- Components that affect search results and the manner of how patients do a search
- Searches that patients make:
- Condition specific
- Treatment specific
- Provider specific
- Provider specialty
- Who are you as a practice?
- Justin talks about Google My Business
- Setting up your profile and integrating your Google My Business to your website
- Reviews and its role in Local SEO
[28:43 – 37:39] Listings
- Citations and Physician Directories and why they matter
- Listings management platforms
- The FOUR Major Components in your website to increase your local SEO rankings
- An individual page that includes your specialty and location
- Individual pages for your Medical Practitioners
- Don’t fall victim to the dreaded list of services
- If you want to rank well, you need well thought out content on the things you do
[37:40 – 42:28] Closing Segment
- Make sure you have a call tracking tool
- You can hire a professional to help you with your SEO
- Final thoughts
“You want to make sure when somebody is searching for you. They’re gonna find those listings – that all those listings are super accurate. And the more accuracy we have and more unification across all of those major directories, the better we’re gonna perform actually with our Google My Business.” – Justin Knott
“Doing these [SEO] things right [will] give you a huge leg up from all other local competition and will help you continue to grow in visibility and rank better for the things that you do as a practice or a provider.” – Justin Knott
Subscribed Yet? Now you can!
Read Or Download Full Transcript for Episode #138
Looking for a key quote? More of a reader?
Read or download a free PDF transcript of this episode update link
Subscribe to the Patient Convert Podcast and never miss a new episode!
What We Do
Check out our Healthcare Marketing Agency – Intrepy Healthcare Marketing
Check out our physician liaison training platform – Physician Liaison University
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott