For many physicians and doctors, creating independence in their profession has been a pain point, especially when they just come out of fellowship and residency.
In today’s episode, we will be talking about 6 steps to build a personal brand for physicians and how individual physicians market themselves at hospitals or large private practice. This topic is a common pain point for many physicians and doctors, especially when they come out of fellowship and residency, so they don’t have to rely so much on the hospital system or the private practice to carve out their own space.
[00:01 – 06:39] Opening Segment
- We introduce the topic of today
- We give a little bit background of the topic
- One out of three physicians ask, “What can I do to stand out in my practice/ hospital?”
- How to pull the patient digitally?
- Independence of the physicians
- Direct relationship with the patient
- We talk about our agency Intrepy Healthcare Marketing
- Starting it on the base of physicians liaison
- Physician outreach marketing
- Physician digital marketing
- Creating Physician Independence
- Be aware of the protocols and procedures
- Ask your healthcare system
- May take a personal investment
- Time cost
- 6 Steps to Build Up Personal Brand for Physician
[06:40 – 11:24] Google yourself
- Get a feel of your ecosystem and reputation
- Asking patients for reviews
- Individual listing platform
- Great opportunity for visibility as well as mistakes
[11:25 – 18:09] Physician Outreach and Marketing
- Build relationships with your local healthcare community
- Walk into the door and introduce yourself
- Cold Call
- Learn a lot more about your community
[18:10 – 22:09] Branding Yourself As an Individual
- Build your own individual branding style as a specialist
- Develop a blog for your own personal brand
- Create a legacy for yourself in the space
- Get a direct connection with the patients
- Check the protocols and procedures to your healthcare system
[22:10 – 28:20] Develop Thought Leadership as a Physician
- Technologies made it a lot easier nowadays
- Patients are more in tune with their healthcare journey and look for the information
- Creating content consistently
- Consider what you want out of it
- Decide what platform and medium suits you
- What matters with videos
- Audio and lighting
- Meet the quantity and quality
[28:21 – 30:04] Host Webinars and Facebook Live
- Reach your potential patients online
- Reaching other physicians and specialists
- Build more credibility in the community
- Personal connect professionals
[30:05 – 31:44] Collaborate with Other Professionals
- Increase each other’s network
- Build a bigger community through connections
- Get your name out there to get featured
- Build referral relationships
[31:45 – 34:10] Closing Segment
- We run through all of the steps
- Final words
“Physician outreach and marketing would allow professionals to build relationships with their local healthcare community and learn a lot more about your community.” – Justin and Kelley Knott
“Collaboration with other professionals is important to increase each other’s network.” – Justin and Kelley Knott
Read Or Download Full Transcript for Episode #131
Looking for a key quote? More of a reader?
Read or download a free PDF transcript of this episode- update this link
Subscribed Yet? Now you can
Subscribe to the Patient Convert Podcast and never miss a new episode!
Subscribe for emails or using your favorite podcast app via:
What We Do
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott